Current:Home > StocksLawsuit naming Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs as co-defendant alleges his son sexually assaulted woman on yacht -Capitatum
Lawsuit naming Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs as co-defendant alleges his son sexually assaulted woman on yacht
Rekubit Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 17:33:12
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A lawsuit that names Sean “Diddy” Combs as a co-defendant alleges that his son Christian “King” Combs sexually assaulted a woman working on a yacht chartered by his father.
The suit filed Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court says that Sean Combs created the circumstances that led to the assault, and paid to cover it up afterward. It’s the latest in a series of lawsuits accusing the producer and music mogul of sexual misconduct, and it comes amid a federal sex trafficking investigation that led Homeland Security agents to raid his homes in Los Angeles and Miami last week.
Grace O’Marcaigh, who worked as a crew member and a bartender on the boat, says that in late December of 2022, Christian Combs pressured her to drink tequila that she believes was spiked with other drugs. He groped her breasts and genitals and attempted to force her to perform oral sex, the suit alleges.
The AP does not typically name people who say they have been sexually abused unless they come forward publicly, as O’Marcaigh has done. She also consented to being named through her attorneys.
Combs’ attorney Aaron Dyer did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment from The Associated Press. Dyer said after last week’s raids that Sean Combs “is innocent and will continue to fight every single day to clear his name,” and that the investigation is “nothing more than a witch hunt based on meritless accusations made in civil lawsuits.”
He told the Los Angeles Times that the latest lawsuit is a “lewd and meritless claim” full of “manufactured lies.”
Sean Combs, who chartered the yacht throughout the holidays in 2022, “had full control of the staff and premises” and “turned what was sold as a wholesome family excursion into a hedonistic environment,” the suit said. The court filing alleges he created circumstances where her assault was not only tolerated but encouraged.
O’Marcaigh, who was 25 at the time, said when Christian Combs, then 24, came aboard late one night, he appeared heavily intoxicated, and began giving her inappropriate attention.
She said the two were in a music studio on board the ship, where producer Rodney Jones, who filed his own lawsuit in February, was told to be available around the clock for Sean Combs to work on his next album.
O’Marcaigh said in the suit that Christian Combs was insistent that she take shots of tequila, and she drank out of obligation.
The suit alleges he became increasingly aggressive with her, violently grabbing her arm as she tried to get out of the situation then groping her. The drinks made everything blurry, unusually quickly, the suit says.
Microphones in the studio, where Jones was told to capture everything, recorded their exchange, and the lawsuit includes a transcript where O’Marcaigh demands that Christian Combs stop touching her.
The suit alleges that he later continued the assault in the ship’s movie theater, which was used as a spare sleeping area and where she was attempting to find a place to spend the night because the rooms were all taken, before another crew member appeared and he stopped.
O’Marcaigh told the yacht’s captain about the assault the following morning, but she alleges that after Combs gave him a large amount of cash the same day, the captain failed to meaningfully investigate or take any action.
The suit says O’Marcaigh was eventually fired in retaliation, and has since been unable to find work in the music industry where she had planned to build a career. It says since 2022, she has suffered severe emotional trauma.
The lawsuit seeks damages to be determined at trial.
Christian Combs is also a musical artist whose song “Can’t Stop Won’t Stop” with Kodak Black topped Billboard’s Mainstream R&B Hip-Hop charts in 2022. He was at his father’s Los Angeles home during last week’s searches, during which he and his brother were handcuffed, but were not arrested.
The producer Jones’ lawsuit, filed by the same attorney as O’Marcaigh’s in February, includes allegations that Sean Combs coerced him to solicit prostitutes and pressured him to have sex with them.
It was one of several lawsuits that have brought public scrutiny to the music and business mogul, beginning with a November lawsuit from his former protege and girlfriend, the R&B singer Cassie, which alleged years of sexual abuse, including rape. It was settled the following day.
Combs and his attorneys have denied all of the lawsuits’ allegations.
Combs, a three-time Grammy winner and the founder of Bad Boy Records, is among the most influential hip-hop producers and executives of the past three decades. He turned his hip-hop empire into a broader business empire that includes private-label spirits, fashion, and a TV network.
veryGood! (99944)
Related
- Which apps offer encrypted messaging? How to switch and what to know after feds’ warning
- Arizona authorities say a road rage incident led to a motorist’s death. The other man was arrested.
- AI expert says Princess Kate photo scandal shows our sense of shared reality being eroded
- A local Arizona elections chief who quit in a ballot counting dispute just got a top state job
- The 401(k) millionaires club keeps growing. We'll tell you how to join.
- Virginia Lawmakers Try to Use Budget to Rejoin RGGI – But Success Is Questionable
- 'Squid Game' actor O Yeong-Su, 79, convicted of sexual misconduct for 2017 incident: Reports
- US to investigate Texas fatal crash that may have involved Ford partially automated driving system
- Federal hiring is about to get the Trump treatment
- In close primary race, trailing North Carolina legislator files election protests
Ranking
- Google unveils a quantum chip. Could it help unlock the universe's deepest secrets?
- Is Jason Momoa Irish? 'Aquaman' actor stars in Guinness ad ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- Ree Drummond clears up weight loss medication rumors: 'I did not take Ozempic, Wegovy'
- Colorado man bitten by pet Gila monster died of complications from the desert lizard’s venom
- Who are the most valuable sports franchises? Forbes releases new list of top 50 teams
- 22 artifacts looted after the Battle of Okinawa returned to Japan
- Former Tennessee Titans coach Mike Vrabel hired by Cleveland Browns as coaching consultant
- Riley Gaines among more than a dozen college athletes suing NCAA over transgender policies
Recommendation
Scoot flight from Singapore to Wuhan turns back after 'technical issue' detected
Madison LeCroy Shares the Item Southern Charm Fans Ask About the Most
WATCH: NC State forces overtime with incredible bank-shot 3-pointer, defeats Virginia
Hulu freeloaders beware: The password sharing crackdown is officially here
Meta releases AI model to enhance Metaverse experience
Connecticut trooper who shot Black man after police chase is acquitted of manslaughter
University of Maryland lifts suspension on most fraternities and sororities amid hazing probe
'Giant hybrid sheep' created on Montana ranch could bring prison time for 80-year-old breeder